Feed a Child
Who we ARE
Feed a Child is a 501(c)(3) Christian non-profit organization under its parent organization, Hands Giving Hope. Our focus is specific to children living in poverty. Children are the one’s who are the most neglected across the world and our heart and focus is to identify opportunities to provide food and proper nutrition, clean, water, medical/ dental care, and education. We believe that fulfilling physical needs is necessary to reaching the spiritual needs of those entrapped in poverty and social injustice.
Who we SERVE
Locally, our model is to develop strong partnerships within the United States. We support:
- The 3000 Club and Market on the Move by providing food to needy families in the Phoenix area.
- The Navajo Nation in multiple communities with food and water projects.
- Teen Challenge, a drug and alcohol rehab organization, by providing household items for their facilities.
- Short Creek Dream Center in Colorado City, a safe house and a refuge for victims who are struggling with a variety of life controlling issues.
- Refugees in the Phoenix area in helping them adjust and thrive in their new American culture by providing them with household items and food.
Internationally, our model is to develop strong partnerships and work cooperatively and intentionally with these partners to identify problems and culturally relevant solutions. Currently, we work very closely with partners in China, India, Mexico, Honduras, Kenya, and the Philippines.
What we DO
Our activities have encompassed orphan care, education, short-term food provision, medical/ dental services, housing/ water/ sanitary provision, and Christian spiritual development. Specifically, we do the following:
- Support orphans and vulnerable children by constructing and operating orphanages and other homes
- Improve and promote health by providing food, shelter, clean water, and sanitation facilities
- Reach out to children and their families who have been impacted by HIV/ AIDS, through provision of medical treatment, comfort, economic support, and family care
- Help prevent AIDS and other diseases through awareness, education, and prevention programs and support
- Providing future opportunities by building schools, training centers, medical and dental facilities, hospitals, and other related facilities
- Provide programs and opportunities for spiritual development, training, and education